Asian red ginseng is known by many different names. It is sometimes called Korean red ginseng, Panax ginseng, and Chinese ginseng.
Note that this is different from American ginseng or even Siberian ginseng – these other two types of ginseng provide different health benefits and they serve a different purpose.
Ginseng or Asian ginseng has been used as a type of herbal medicine for thousands of years. It is included in the formulation of VigRX Plus due to its properties as an aphrodisiac and energy booster.
What Does Asian Red Ginseng Look Like?
The Asian red ginseng plant has a straight stem and its leaves grow in a circle around it. It has yellowish green flowers that are umbrella shaped. This plant produces red colored berries.
Ginseng root is usually shaped like the human body (2 arms and 2 legs included). Note the wrinkles that can be found on the plant’s neck. These will help you tell just how old the plant is.
Note that ginseng root cannot be used as a type of medicine until it has grown for 6 years – yes you have to wait and grow the plant that long before you can harvest it for medicinal purposes.
Chinese ginseng and Korean ginseng is practically the same plant. The only difference is the place/country where they were grown.
Health Benefits of Using Asian Red Ginseng
Early studies on the effectiveness of Asian red ginseng have shown that it is a beneficial herb. Some of its benefits include the following:
- Treatment for cold and flu. Ginseng roots are believed to boost the body’s immune system. This is why herb extracts from this plant can help you fight off infections from flu and colds.
- Improves heart health. This type of ginseng has antioxidant properties, which helps the body to get rid of free radicals that contribute to many diseases including heart disease.
- Diabetes treatment. Ginseng may lower blood sugar levels thus making it a potential treatment for type 2 diabetes.
- Boosts mental performance.
- Improves physical endurance.
- It can help relieve stress.
- It is widely believed and used to treat erectile dysfunction and infertility. It can also help boost sexual performance, which is why it is included in the formulation of VigRX Plus.
- Some studies suggest that ginseng root extract may help with menopausal symptoms.
- Some studies also suggest that this herb may help to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
It may take a few more years for today’s medical community to fully accept its medicinal value – but who’s waiting, right?